Monday, September 29, 2008

McNamara Ch.2 Communication and the design of language tests

I think all kinds of language tests are good for all language learners. If a learner cannot pass one particular language test, the learner can be tested in another design of language test, depending on grade level. I think earlier tests are as good as the current performance tests. I rather use tests that are simple to make and easy to score. Whatever a criterion is tested in any test, it is judged or measured for quality learning. Reading this article has focused my attention on the kinds of classroom tests that I use with my students. I hope to make better assessments in the future.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I agree with you Theresa! I really wish that there were alternatives to the HSGQE that some of my high school student could take or some other ways of testing their abilities.

I also kept thinking of the assessments I use in my classroom as well.